Sunday, January 27, 2008
Gordon B. Hinckley
The Prophet and President of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Gordon B. Hinckley, passed away today. He has been the Prophet since 1995 and was the oldest prophet in the church's history. He was 97. I loved the prophet for his calm and encouraging manner. I loved how he wanted us to Be a little better, a little kinder. His work to increase the number of temples from less than 50 to 124 was such a testament to his conviction in spreading the gospel. What an example to us all. I'm very happy for him to be reunited with his sweetheart. I love how gracefully our church transitions from one prophet to the next. It's so comforting to know that while we will hold President Hinckley's memory in our hearts, the work goes on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players: They have their exits and their entrances; And one man in his time plays many parts" ...and in the wings of my stage, there is music.

3 comments:
I just heard. His family is in my prayers tonight.
beautifully put!
It is a bitter sweet thing when he passed away. Sad to see him go, but good that he gets to be with his wife again. Oh and by the way, yes I am blog stalking you!! (I hope you don't mind) I need your e-mail address and phone number. My address is brooke.cook@gmail.com
Post a Comment