Monday, January 21, 2008

An Exciting Night at the Symphony

So a couple weekends ago I was able to go to Brian's concert! We dropped Elliott off at a friend's house and headed downtown. Just as we were about to turn into the parking garage Brian realized he did not have his tails on. (i.e. his tuxedo tails) He had put his long black wool coat on over his white tux shirt but had forgotten to put on the tux jacket!!!! Oh no! What were we going to do? He couldn't very well go on stage being the lone white sheep in a sea of black! We panicked. We drove around in circles. There was not time to drive all the way back home and come back. There probably wasn't even time for our friends to break into our house, get the tails, and come downtown and hand them off to me for me to rush backstage to hand them to Brian in time for the downbeat! Luckily, Brian realized that during each half of the concert one of his colleagues would not be playing and could lone him his coat. Even more lucky, he discovered the orchestra keeps an extra tux coat backstage in case one is forgotten. It even fit Brian pretty well! So all was well! Hurray!


And then there was this man at the symphony concert:

Bless his heart. Short shorts and a hoodie and sandals (not pictured) and a long white ponytail. It was about 30 degrees outside. He had the skinniest legs I've ever seen on a 70 year old. I love that people feel like they can come to the symphony in jeans now but shorts? Holy moly. And yes...I casually took this picture on my phone while acting like I was texting someone. Note 2 self. Use 4 blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Madelyn, you are absolutely funny and I wish that we could hang out. That texting part at the end CRACKS ME UP!
Love,
Sarah H

"All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players: They have their exits and their entrances; And one man in his time plays many parts" ...and in the wings of my stage, there is music.