Saturday, April 26, 2008

Baggabaw

A child learning how to speak is completely fascinating. For weeks, Elliott called basketball "ball-ball." Then, for just one day, he was in transition to a more advanced way of saying basketball and (for those of you who won't watch the video because you don't think my kid is as awesome as I think he is) he would say "baggabaggabaggabaggaball". It was just that one day when he got started saying it and didn't know when to stop the bagga/basket part. So priceless! By the next day, basketball was officially "baggaball." I'm so glad our little camera captures videos and so happy I pulled it out in time.

It totally reminded me of a Ziggy cartoon I read as a child and have never forgotten. Ziggy thinks to himself, "I know how to spell banana, I just don't know when to stop. bananananana" =)




4 comments:

Emma said...

So cute. I love your laugh too! Kids bring so much joy!

Kathryn said...

I love it!

Janina Herbert said...

OH MY GOSH! that was SO adorable! i'm so glad you posted that! (way to be super-swift in your camera-whipping-outting abilities!! hahaha :P) love ya!

Jennifer Lee said...

You are right to think that is adorable. So cute!

"All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players: They have their exits and their entrances; And one man in his time plays many parts" ...and in the wings of my stage, there is music.