1) At the grocery store near my house today I picked up some frozen concentrate apple juice. I always buy the cheapest house brand that is $ .95 each. When I got to the check out, they rang up $1.33. "Wow did your prices go up?" "Yes lots of our prices have just gone up." "Cause it still says 95 cents on the shelf." "Oh does it?"
To top it off she said "And you've saved $1.13 by shopping at Hen House today," as she handed me my receipt.
HA! How could she say that with a straight face when she just ripped me off on apple juice?
I guess this is just another joy of rising fuel prices. How I miss the days of WIC.
2) This past weekend when Brian was gone, E and I went to Walmart. I inherited a genetic trait from my mother of always picking the wrong checkout line. I thought I had picked a good one because there was somebody about to pay, someone else in front of me with only 20 things, and then me. Well somehow it took about 10 minutes for the person to pay! He paid $7 of his total in nickels and dimes. NICKELS AND DIMES?! Do you have a mental illness?! Nickels and dimes are for vending machines, parking meters, getting a newspaper, NOT for checkout lines. It was like I was living that commercial when the whole world stops because someone uses cash instead of a plastic card. It took so long because the little elderly cashier had to count every last cent. Meanwhile of course I was struggling with my son because I had picked the cart with no safety belt and he was trying to run away and I wasn't close enough to all the checkout toys to distract him. When am I going to realize that it is not worth going to Walmart if you have to take a child?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players: They have their exits and their entrances; And one man in his time plays many parts" ...and in the wings of my stage, there is music.

4 comments:
1. You realize that's 33% inflation? That's outrageous!
2. I have to chuckle that you said the guy had "only 20 items." Sounds like a lot to me, but then again, you were at Walmart!
Your Walmart story makes me laugh with sympathy...I'm so sorry! Just think, all these experiences will help you realize how EASY it is to go to Walmart with E when you have MORE than one child with you. lol. I can attest...it CAN be done. :)
Regarding your very expensive Apple Juice, I watched a tv news story just the other day touting ways to help "save money" at the grocery store and one was you've got to watch the ring up prices/ receipts because these stores may "over charge" or the sale price doesn't come up or stuff like that. So, next time, you can be confident on insisting on the posted price.
i'm so sorry! but you told it in a very funny/amusing way. love and miss you!!
oh, and i just read "miss I"'s comment on your post regarding the apple juice, and i COMPLETELY agree. just like you inherited your walmart-checkout-line-picking skills from your mother, i inherited something from my mom, too, while shopping - it's insisting on the price of something if it's posted that way. i do it all the time - no shame! i am so adamant about this - there is NO reason why you should have to pay (literally) for their mistake! if they didn't post the new price, or forgot to notate at the cashier the sale they listed on the shelf, then that's THEIR fault - not yours! so the next time that happens, may the force be with you, madelyn! stand up for what's just and fair!! (haha, love ya!)
Post a Comment