Saturday, April 26, 2008

First Singing Attempt

Okay so by the time we got the camera out, it was the 3rd or 4th singing attempt and not as cute as the first but we were just tickled by this!




I have to say, I'm surprised at how singing doesn't seem to come very naturally to a son of two musicians. He's almost 2, I was expecting him to be able to sing a song by now. Guess I was mistaken on what 1 year olds do. I think I was jaded by this freakishly talented kid who was in nursery when we were newlyweds. That kid was singing like mixed meter folksong type stuff! In his defense, Elliott can match a single pitch when we sing it to him...when he feels like it. =)

3 comments:

Emma said...

That was adorable!

Kathryn said...

So I take R to this music class once a week, and whenever I try to mention to the teacher anything musical R does, the teacher feels the need to trump it. Like, "That's nice. But when *I* was her age, I was creating my own tunes with made-up lyrics." Uh...thanks for the encouragement!?
Anyhow, I think E and his singing are adorable!

Janina Herbert said...

HAHAHA! SO CUTE!!!! love and miss you!! call me whenever you get a second :)

"All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players: They have their exits and their entrances; And one man in his time plays many parts" ...and in the wings of my stage, there is music.