I have lived in Saint Louis for 1 month now! It has flown by and been great! We have done a lot of stuff but the great part is, there is still lots to explore.
We ate KFC snackers for lunch today which marked the first fast food I've eaten in 1 month. That has to be a life time record for me or something. I hate to admit it but I've been a "heavy user" in the past (once a week according to Supersize Me). Oh don't worry, I've still managed to eat plenty of junk food and treats. It's just that first of all there's no Wendy's close to where we live (dollar menu where are you?) and all the fast food establishments in my neighborhood are the ghetto, dirty, smelly, inner-city type fast food places where unsavory citizens hang out. It's just unappetizing. It's interesting that I've really stopped craving fast food and when I ate it today, it didn't taste that good and now my stomach hurts.
I've had lots of leftovers and sandwiches for lunch. Do I feel healthier? I guess so, although it's hard to feel like you're eating healthily when your belly is so big you can't see your feet. Do I feel like I'm saving money? Well I spend more on groceries so the money is just distributed differently, but I'm sure I am saving money and I'm glad I'm not spending my money at the fast food places. We still are keeping the happy hour at Sonic in business however.
On another food tangent, where does the Midwest hide all the Mexican food?! We sure miss it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players: They have their exits and their entrances; And one man in his time plays many parts" ...and in the wings of my stage, there is music.

1 comment:
I'm a "heavy user" too. What can I say? We live ONE BLOCK from McDonald's.
Post a Comment