Well I'm 28 weeks and my weekly email said that means I'm in the third trimester! The home stretch! I wish I wouldn't have read it because as soon as I did I started feeling like a third trimester-er and I still have so far to go! It's gotten to the point in the evenings that no position or variation on sitting on my couch is comfortable. I don't know why I try to get comfortable when there's nothing good on tv anyway. Is 8:30 too early to go to bed? I'm starting to feel more and more like a beached whale when I turn over in bed, wondering if I'm suffocating my husband with all the room me and my extra pillow are taking up. Also, I've started to not really be able to sleep between 3 and 5 AM. This has got to stop, body. So today, I got so mad, I got up, ate 2 cookies, and now I'm on the computer. Maybe I'll have another cookie then try the sleeping thing again. I had great hopes for today to go to the Soulard market for lots of cheap produce, take Elliott to a Book Fair in hopes of seeing Mary Engelbreit, just so I can tell my mom I did, and going to Brian's concert tonight. Now thanks to the non sleeping, we'll just have to see what I can do. I really hope Elliott takes a nap today. They've started to be an every other day occurrence! Horrible!
In other news, we're really liking living here! Our house is awesome! I had a bad attitude about it before we got here just because I was dreading moving but now that I'm here I've been pleasantly surprised. I even hung pictures on the walls yesterday so I guess we're official now. We're loving the city life, we still haven't bought any gasoline since we were outside the city limits on our way moving into town, almost 2 weeks ago. Also, we're loving the city parks close to our house. What amazing playgrounds! And who knew the city was full of middle class, Stay at Home Moms, who aren't even Mormon, who take their kids to the parks and library? I guess I never really met any last year (who didn't go to church with me). I talked to this mom at the park the other day and we hit it off so well we exchanged phone numbers. Who does that? Not me typically.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players: They have their exits and their entrances; And one man in his time plays many parts" ...and in the wings of my stage, there is music.

2 comments:
I'm glad that you're loving everything so much! That's great. I've been missing Chicago lately, and your St. Louis experience sounds pretty close. Lucky you!
As far as sleeping goes, I've been going to bed at 8:30 or 9 and getting up at 5:30. It's pretty crazy, but actually pretty nice. It's the time of day that I don't feel sick and I actually get some stuff done around the house. I hate waking up in the middle of the night, which I do quite frequently. Hang in there! And eat some more cookies!
Yeah! It sounds like the city is treating you well.
And *hissing*. Third trimester antsy-ness can be a real downer. I hope it's better this time than the last time, though. I mean, you have a kid to keep you company, right?
Post a Comment