Saturday, November 1, 2008

Happy Halloween





I just finished my own Halloween pregnancy "candy" of 3 Tums and a Tylenol pm and thought I'd jot down some 2008 Halloween memories:

"Trick Or Treat" It didn't occur to me to practice those words with Elliott ahead of time but he very meekly, shyly, politely, said "Pitcher Treat" to everyone.

We went to a Halloween get together at someone's house and Elliott found the candy dish with the candy corn way before I did. I kept thinking, "Hmmmm every time I see my child he looks like he's just stuffed 10 candy corns in his mouth. Hmmmmm" After a few times, it occurred to me to move the bowl higher so he couldn't get to it.

New this year: Very small containers of play-do being handed out as treats. Verdict: Awesome! Why have I never bought play-do for my child? Oh yeah, cause I thought he would eat it. Well he won't eat it if there's already candy in his mouth! He's crazy about the stuff.

How did we get him to wear his Mariachi boy costume? Showed him videos of Mariachi guys on YouTube last night, tell him it was the only way to get candy, and let him think the sombrero was a cowboy hat, like one of the Backyardigans wears on a Cowboy themed episode. During the trunk or treat I was single parenting since Brian was playing a concert. I had Elliott on his monkey leash so he couldn't run away from me. I had the monkey wear the pancho when Elliott refused. Am I a genius or what?

Overall, it was a great Halloween Evening and it's so fun to have a 2 year old that is starting to understand holiday traditions a little bit.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

adorable! You are so creative. :) Great costume!

Carolyn said...

Fabulous costume. I'll bet there weren't many other kids dressed up like that!

When I pulled up your website and saw the first picture I thought, "Wow, that kid looks like Brian." You guys make cute kids; I can't wait to see your little girl!

Audrey said...

So cute. I love the monkey

Adrienne said...

Ai ai ai!
Totally awesome. So glad I get to SEE what I'd only envisioned so far. And you ARE awesome or what.

"All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players: They have their exits and their entrances; And one man in his time plays many parts" ...and in the wings of my stage, there is music.