- The other day Brian and I watched a few minutes of a history channel show about Thomas Edison and his pledge to light up part of NYC within a certain time frame. It was amazing all the wires they had to put under the streets to get it to work. I've never thought about what an amazing thing it is that we have lightbulbs in our house that turn on when we want them to.
- When I was a little girl, it seemed that the days prior to Grandma coming for a visit, the lightbulbs would start burning out.
- My auto-correct red squiggly line is telling me that lightbulb is not one word, but two. But I like it better as one.
- The light in our pantry was burned out for a week and then the other day I hit the switch for the millionth time out of habit and it turned on. "Hey thanks for changing the lightbulb!" I said to Brian. "Ummmm I didn't." So apparently that lightbulb was just taking a week off.
- We have a sweet, modern chandelier in our dining room. What's not so sweet is it contains about 10 itty bitty, unusual, two pronged halogen bulbs coming in around $3 a piece. I got up on a chair to take out one that had burned out and in the process of wiggling it, it turned on again. Score! Procrastinate long enough and my house heals its own lightbulbs I guess.
- I am an avid "Save Electricity! Turn off the light when you leave the room!" kinda gal, especially since I turned adult and started buying my own electricity. Our kitchen has about 6 recessed CFL floodlight lightbulbs. In my Good Housekeeping magazine I learned however that turning CFL bulbs on and off frequently (staying on for less that 15 minutes at a time), shortens the bulb life and the cost of replacing it sooner negates any money you saved on energy. Why don't they tell you these things before the light above the sink burns out?
Sunday, November 23, 2008
who turned off the light?
It's been a while since I've blogged and I thought I'd jump back in with a truly random post about lightbulbs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players: They have their exits and their entrances; And one man in his time plays many parts" ...and in the wings of my stage, there is music.

1 comment:
Wow, I can really appreciate the randomness...a few lightbulbs went on for me!
Post a Comment