Thursday, November 6, 2008

out of the mouth of a 2 year old

Brian and I were remarking how cute and interesting it is when Elliott says a phrase he's picked up. Like "Good Morning Mommy!" "Thanks Sweetheart," or an enthusiastic "Thanks" or Yes!" Or not so cute like "I want to watch _____ right NOW!" or "Stupid." However I'm pretty sure It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown is to blame for that S word!

Last week when Elliott helped Brian carve the pumpkin he wanted to use the knife. His quick thinking Mom said, "Okay but you have to use Elliott's knife" (one of those not-sharp-at-all training utensils). "Yes! Elliott's wife!" "No, Elliott's knife" I'd forgotten all about it until the next morning he threw open the silverware drawer and yelled, "I WANT MY WIFE!" hehehe

2 comments:

Miss L said...

I love 2 year olds. They wear you out, but they are kinda magical at the same time.

I'm so glad you are enjoying St. Louis, though it doesn't change the fact that we miss you back here! In fact, today on "Higgleytown Heroes," the "heroes" of the day were Musicians, and I thought of you and Brian (aka: The Brain...how'd that voter thing turn out?). I'm so glad for your blog to keep us up-to-date on things. :)

Krista said...

Love it! He's a cutie.
We miss you here but I'm glad you're enjoying St. Louis. You are a good blogger BTW.

"All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players: They have their exits and their entrances; And one man in his time plays many parts" ...and in the wings of my stage, there is music.