Sunday, February 3, 2008

Date night

'Twas a pretty normal week in our lives except for a small blizzard in which we almost wrecked both of our cars in a period of half an hour and also, Brian had the weekend off! For most of you this is normal, but for a professional musician, this is a rarity indeed. Usually our "date nights" consist of us riding in the car together to his concert and then me sitting by myself watching the concert and us riding in the car back home.

We hired a babysitter, went to a MOVIE in the Theater (!) and then went out to dinner (!) at Chili's! We saw National Treasure 2 and had a great time! It was quite fun to watch, better than the first one I think. Sadly, my body has finally given in to a slight cold and whenever I get a cold I lose my sense of taste. Tragically, the tastelessness began the same time the Paradise Pie arrived at our table. Oh well. It was still so awesome to go out on a real date with my husband on a Saturday night. Our first official date, over 6 years ago, was to Chili's. I still remember what we ordered. What can I say? I'm a Chili's girl!

2 comments:

Janina Herbert said...

Awww, i'm so happy for you!! It sounds like it was a wonderful night, and I'm really happy that you were able to go on a REAL date...ON THE WEEKEND! :):) YAY!! and way to go, not letting your cold ruin your night! :)

I also thought it was adorable that you remembered that Chili's was where you two had your first date over 6 years ago (wow! has it really been that long?! you two are amazing!) love and miss you!

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous. Also, I guess I just need to step up the find a babysitter courage and just go for it. I HATE asking people to babysit for me. Do you pay someone or just swap?
Doesn't help that there are only 3 young women in our ward.

Congratulations on keeping the love flowing!

"All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players: They have their exits and their entrances; And one man in his time plays many parts" ...and in the wings of my stage, there is music.