On Friday, Brian and I went out for a special lunch date to the Webster House. This restaurant is really interesting because it is in an old mansion like school building that is on the register of national historic places. It is a lunch restaurant and antique store in one. Shirley Helzburg (as in the diamonds) owns it and is also a huge supporter of the symphony. Every year at Christmas she gives the members of the orchestra a gift card for the Webster House.
The food was so awesome! It's not very often that I go to a really fancy place, a place where the menu is small and seasonal. The best part was my fallen chocolate souffle in rosemary infused strawberry sauce. Heavenly. When we got home we neglected to put my fancy turkey sandwich leftovers in the fridge for a couple hours. Brian didn't think it was a big deal so I generously offered them to him for dinner that night. About 6AM the next morning, Brian didn't feel so good.
Thus ended his 6 year streak of non-vomiting. My poor husband was the sickest I've ever seen him. He was unable to keep anything, even sips of water, down for a good 36 hours. Thankfully, he has now turned a corner and even ate a piece of bread this morning! We're just glad we didn't have to take him to the hospital for dehydration. It didn't occur to us for the longest time that it could be food poisoning. So as soon as he got sick I was bracing myself for my turn and Elliott's turn at the stomach flu. Thankfully, it was only empathetic nausea I was feeling and E and I escaped unscathed.
Let this be a lesson to you, even if the leftovers are really, really good, better to throw it away than risk it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players: They have their exits and their entrances; And one man in his time plays many parts" ...and in the wings of my stage, there is music.

2 comments:
That food sounds amazing. Sorry it caused Brian to get sick though.
That totally sounds like something Paul would do. Ah, frugal, frugal Paul, who eats what's left on the girls' plates every night. I'll have to show this to him as a warning- the past few times he's had a stomach illness or food poisoning, he really did have to go to the emergency room. Which, most of those times, was silly.
Post a Comment