Friday, February 15, 2008

Really Clean Underwear

I started 2 loads of laundry earlier in the day and this afternoon asked Brian to go down to the basement and take load 1 out of the dryer and transfer load 2 from the washer to the dryer. I thought he had been gone for a long time and then he finally appeared with no clean laundry in hand.
"Where's the laundry?"
"It's in the washer."
"Ummmm okay where's the clean the laundry?"
"In the washer...."
"What?!"

So he took load 1 out of the dryer, put it in the laundry basket. He put load 2 in the dryer, and then proceeded to put load 1 back into the washing machine, due to some momentary amnesia where he forgot he had just taken it out of the dryer. "When did you realize you were washing clean laundry?" "When it was 3/4 full of water...and I found the dryer sheet in the basket."

I have to admit I was pretty annoyed thinking of the waste-the wasted time, electricity, water, and detergent. Oh husbands....but on the bright side, at least we have some really clean underwear!

4 comments:

Emma said...

that was really funny!

Janina Herbert said...

bahahahaha! oh husbands...so adorable! love ya!

Brekke said...

Matt gave Audrey a straw sippy cup without the straw today. He couldn't figure out why she was having such a hard time with it and then gave her a bottle instead. I guess he didn't realize the cup was missing parts.

Anonymous said...

Just be happy you have a washer and dryer in your house. I cannot believe my weekly wash days in which I schlepp 5 loads to the 2 washers that are supposed to serve our building of 18 apartments. Cross my fingers that no one is using them- there's no way that I am bringing that stuff back up and then down again.

"All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players: They have their exits and their entrances; And one man in his time plays many parts" ...and in the wings of my stage, there is music.